Writer's Workshop I
Writer's Workshop II
Digital Citizenship (.5 credits)
Writing in the Workplace (.5 credits)
Mythology (.5 credits)
Build Your Own Course (Literature)
Algebra Lab (.5 credits)
Algebra I (Mandatory)
Math in the Workplace (.5 credits)
Build Your Own Course (Math)
US History (Mandatory)
World Civilizations (Mandatory)
Exploring Civics (Mandatory)
African American History
Build Your Own Course (US History)
Build Your Own Course (World History)
Career Awareness (Mandatory)
Career Internship (.5-3 credits)
Community Service (.5-3 credits)
Intro. to Business
Personal Budget (See template below)
Career Outline (See template below)
Create a cover letter, resume & reference page (See templates below)
The York Adams Academy Authority Board shall grant high school credit in all courses (except Algebra I, Biology, English 10, Physical Education, Work Co-op and the Career Awareness Project) to a student enrolled at York Adams Academy, but who has not previously failed the course (at YAA or another school) and who exhibits a reasonable level of mastery of the subject matter of the course by attaining a grade of a 70% on the final exam of the course.
For the purpose of earning credit under this section, any YAA student who has not previously failed the course (at YAA or another school) may take the final examination in all courses (except Algebra I, Biology, English 10, Physical Education, Work Co-op and the Career Awareness Project).
• Credit earned under this section shall be based on a “pass” grade and shall not be included in the computation of grade point average for any purpose.
• Credit earned under this section will be counted towards a student’s graduation requirements.
• Students may only attempt to test out of a course one time.
Students wishing to “test out” of a course:
• Must notify their teacher prior to starting the course.
• Prior to starting the “test out” assessment, the student must turn in any personal electronic device(s) to the director or designee.
• The student will have one full 3 hour test session to complete the assessment.